The Health Implications of Damp and Mould at Home
Damp and mould are caused by excess moisture caused by instances such as leaking pipes, rising damp from basements and ground floors and rain entering the property due to damage around window frames or damage to the roof.
If there is damp and mould in your home, it could cause health issues to those that reside in the property, such as respiratory problems, allergies, and asthma. Damp and mould can also have serious negative effects on the immune system. The most vulnerable groups are babies and children, elderly people, people with existing skin and respiratory problems and those with a weakened immune system, for instance if a resident is undergoing chemotherapy.
Health Professionals strongly recommend taking steps to ensure repairs are undertaken within the property to avoid the negative health implications, especially if residents are more vulnerable to the effects.
So the answer to the question is YES damp and mould can seriously effect your health.
If you have damp issues within your property and are renting from Council or Housing Association the contact us now on 0800 368 9181 and start your claim today.